The American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundation, Inc., will add livestreaming to the upcoming 2021 Induction Celebration for those who are unable to attend in person. Livestreaming tickets are $50 and are available only to industry members through this link https://ahfhof.brand.live/c/Celebration2021.
Those who purchase tickets will have online access to the event, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until it closes at about 9:15 p.m. on October 17.
“With the uncertainty surrounding COVID, we decided to add livestreaming to the in-person, live event for those who may not attend the Market as well as for family and friends back home who are unable to attend,” says Karen McNeill Pond, CEO. “Our inductees have teammates and partners around the world and several asked if it would be possible for us to provide a way for them to attend virtually. We are pleased that Ashley Furniture immediately stepped up to underwrite the costs. As with all that the Hall of Fame does, this will be a first-class production with lots of special effects.”
Joining the current 120 members of the Hall of Fame are Irv Blumkin, CEO, Nebraska Furniture Mart; Robert G. Culp III, co-founder, former chairman and CEO, Culp, Inc.; Myrtle Hayworth Barthmaier, president and chairwoman, Hayworth Industries; Robert J. Maricich, chairman and CEO, International Market Centers; Allan H. Palecek, chairman and founder, PALECEK; and Todd Wanek, CEO and President, Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.
The Induction Celebration will feature John Mackey, co-founder and CEO of Whole Foods Market, as the keynote speaker for the event. Hosts for the evening are interior designers, entrepreneurs and television personalities Hilary Farr and Brian Patrick Flynn.
The Hall of Fame is supported by sponsors of the 2021 Induction Celebration:
- Presenting Sponsor: La-Z-Boy Incorporated
- Live Streaming Sponsor: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.
- Welcoming Open Sponsor: Feizy
- Speaker Sponsor: Surya
- Dinner Table Sponsor: Nourison Industries
- Inductee Video Sponsor: Surya
- Cocktail Sponsor: International Market Centers
- After Party Sponsor: Klaussner Furniture Industries
- Celebration Sponsors: AICO; Berkshire Hathaway Furniture Companies; Furniture of America; Karen McNeill and Stephen Pond; LS Direct; Man Wah Holdings; Rooms To Go
- Groundbreaking Sponsor: Genesis Financial Solutions
- Landmarks of Leadership Video Sponsor: Leggett & Platt Incorporated
- Future Leaders Event Sponsor: International Market Centers
- Platinum Sponsors: Amazon; Broyhill Family Foundation; Carpenter Company; Dallas Market Center; Furniture Marketing Group/Wells Fargo; GE Appliances; Global Views; HomeStretch Furniture; Hooker Furnishings Corporation; Jackson Furniture/Catnapper; Jerome’s Furniture; Kane’s Furniture Corp.; Kathy Ireland World Wide; Lacquer Craft USA; Living Spaces; Loloi Rugs; Markor International/Vivet Inc.; Planned Furniture Promotions; Prestige Art & Art Trends; Rustic Imports; Samsung; Southern Motion; Springs Creative; Tempur Sealy; Wayfair and Bill and Julia Wittenberg
- Gold Sponsors: Baer’s Furniture Company, Inc.; Bedgear; Bellini Modern Living; Bernhardt Furniture Company; Best Home Furnishings; City of Hope; C.S. Wo & Sons; Culp, Inc.; Dorel Home Furnishings; FEI Marketing; HHC/Moto Group; Harman International; Haverty Furniture Companies; J.B. Hunt Final Mile; Jane Seymour Designs Inc.; Jonathan Louis International; King Koil; L. & J. G. Stickley; Liberty Furniture; Malouf Sleep; Martin Furniture; Modus Furniture International; New Classic Furniture; Parker House Furniture; Peak Living; Phillips Collection; Raymour & Flanigan Furniture; Richloom Fabrics; Scotts Brothers Global; Serta Simmons; Shaw Industries; Simon Li Furniture; Sony; Valdese Weavers; and Vanguard Furniture Company
- Silver Sponsors: Affordable Furniture Manufacturing; American Leather; American West, Apricot Furnishings Co., Ltd.; Armen Living Furniture; Chateau d’Ax; Coconis Furniture/Mattress 1st; Connie Lineberry & Associates; Décor-Rest Furniture; ES Kluft; Fine Home Ltd.; Flexsteel Industries, Inc.; Franklin Corp.; FurnitureDealer.Net; Furnitureland South; Gat Creek; Herregan Distributors, Inc.; Hickory Furniture Mart; HSM; Huntington House; LH Imports Ltd.; Lexington Home Brands; Linon Home Décor; Magnussen Home Furnishings, Inc.; Norwalk Furniture; Precision Textiles; STORIS; Uttermost; Vogue Home Furnishings; W.S. Badcock; and Woodard, Inc.
Tickets to attend this year’s American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Induction Celebration are $250 per ticket for members ($2,500 for a table of 10) and $300 per ticket for non-members ($3,000 for a table of 10). For more information about the celebration or to purchase tickets, visit the event’s website at seizethismoment2021.com.
About The American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundation, Inc.
The American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundation, Inc., is an industry-wide organization founded to preserve its history, to celebrate exceptional individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the U.S. home furnishings industry, and to inspire a new class of innovation and leadership. Membership includes eligibility to nominate candidates for consideration by the Selection Committee, and the opportunity to help preserve the history and heritage of the industry. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, funds support our history and leadership programming. The organization currently is based in High Point, North Carolina, at 202 Neal Place, Suite 101, and can be reached at 336.882.5900. Watch for ongoing developments and details about the grand opening of a new permanent home, which is targeted for 2023.
Furniture Industry News and in depth magazine articles for the furniture retail, furniture manufacturers, and furniture distributors.
Read other articles by Nic Ledoux