As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases from

More Delays, And A Hospital Stay

To say that this past weekend didn’t go as planned would be a huge, MASSIVE understatement. In my post on Friday, I was all excited about getting lots of work done in the bathroom over the weekend. Well, I didn’t get a single thing done.

As soon as I published that blog post late on Friday morning, I went in to check on Matt (he was sitting in his recliner in the sitting room), and he was complaining of terrible pain in his back. I got him back to bed, and while his back pain subsided a bit, his overall condition continued to worsen to the point that he lost all strength and couldn’t even suck water through a straw. Around 3:00pm, he asked me to call 911 and wanted to go to the hospital.

So I did, and by the time I was able to see him in the ER, he was almost completely out of it. He has no memory of the EMTs taking him out of the house and putting him in the ambulance, and he has very little memory of being in the ER at all.

They ran all kinds of tests, but everything came back negative. No COVID, no other viruses that they could find. They tested for urinary tract infection, and thought that’s what it may have been, but that test eventually came back negative. All other tests and blood cultures came back negative, so we still have no idea what caused it. But what we do know is that three days in the hospital with broad spectrum I.V. antibiotics and saline did the trick, and he was feeling great yesterday.

It was a crazy, scary, and exhausting weekend for me, though. I stayed with him the whole time, sleeping (or rather, tossing and turning) on the most uncomfortable “bed” imaginable for three nights. By the time we got home yesterday evening, all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and sleep for two days straight. But I still needed to get Cooper, who had been staying at my mom’s house, and pick up some dinner. I managed to keep my eyes open at least long enough to eat dinner, but I fell asleep pretty soon afterwards and had the deepest uninterrupted sleep that I’ve had in along time.

Then this morning, as soon as I woke up, I remembered that today was the day that the bathtub and toilet are supposed to be installed! And as of this morning, the bathroom still looked like this…

There’s nothing like coming off of an exhausting four days, followed by one night of sleep, with an, “OH MY GOSH!!! THEY’LL BE HERE ANY MINUTE NOW!!” I know my contractor would have understood had I wanted to reschedule, but with him and his guys as busy as they are right now, there’s no way I wanted to try to reschedule. I could have been two more months before he could work me into his busy schedule again, and I didn’t want to take that chance.

So I was up and out of bed light a bolt of lightening this morning in an effort to get all of this mess cleaned up before they got here to work. And somehow, I made it. I got all of my tools put away, all of the mess cleaned up, and the area all clear for them to work. And I got it done with mere minutes to spare. So hopefully, if all goes according to plan, this will be the last time you see this bathroom and this mural wall without a bathtub.

Having that bathtub installed right now will definitely make my bubble light project more challenging when that medallion finally gets here, but I don’t even care. I’m just so excited to get the bathtub installed!

So it’s been a crazy few days, and even though I slept well last night, I’m still so exhausted. I might not make it through this day without a nap. But Matt’s doing great now, and that’s what’s truly important. Things got scary on Friday and Saturday. so seeing him do so well yesterday and this morning is definitely worth those sleepless nights and a little exhaustion today. And who knows? Maybe tonight, I’ll have a new tub I can soak in before bedtime.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

My Tech Boutique
Enable registration in settings - general
Compare items
  • Total (0)