|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
It looks like September 14, 2021 (depending on geography) has been confirmed by Canon Hong Kong as the announcement date for the Canon EOS R3.
I believe that first shipments of the Canon EOS R3 will be in November, but I haven’t confirmed that information as of yet, but we don’t have long to wait to find out for certain.
Pricing for the Canon EOS R3 is not yet known, I have unfortunately received various pricing suggestions that don’t line up as of yet.
Canon EOS R3 Specifications:
- 24mp backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress